donderdag 13 juni 2013

Body Modification


So I wanted to do a small article about body modification.




 Appearance/style is one of the most controversial subjects in this society. And if I have learned anything, than that is to be aware of your appearance, and to be at peace with the reaction you're getting from other people. 

All I'm going to say about that is:
Being bullied for the way you look is ridiculous, but unfortunately we live in a society that does bully people for the way they look, or how they dress. The thing is, if you look like the lady in the picture above, you are not considered to be "normal" or "average" looking. I would comment on how awesome your dreads are, but a lot of people will turn their heads. And so you should be aware that how you look is not considered "normal". And you should be aware that there is a posibillity that you might get bullied for the way you look. Be strong and don't let them get you. Don't let anyone treat you differently because of your appearance.


So I found these pictures on tumblr and the one above is one of my favourites. I am stretching my ears for about 2 months now and I am obsessed by it. I have tried it before but it hurt too much so I stopped. Now I'm much better prepared and I'm now at 6mm in my one ear. The second ear is yet to be stretched ones I have my materials back from my boyfriend. 
But anyways, I've had comments about that I probably won't get a job in a restaurant with those ears. But do they really think I'm that naive? Yes and they have every reason to be. I wish this was a world where people with stretched ears could work everywhere but they can't. I'm adjusting to that because it's a fight I can't fight myself. And I don't mind that the option of working in someplace fancy is no longer an option for me. But I do think everyone should think about that when they make certain adjustifications to their body, such as getting a tattoo/piercing or stretching your ears. 


Also I hate the fact that certain body modifications are sexualised. Like dreadlocks are supposed to be "manly". Many earrings too. Look at these two pictures though. So feminine!


Also I love coloured hair. Right now my hair is lilac and I'm loving it. I dye my hair a lot, it's not damaged and it grows at a steady pace.

Anyways, let me know what you think of body modifications and society's opinion about that!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten